Present: Sharon Jacoby, Brenda Becker, Robin Allen, Marlene
1. The appointment of the Board of Directors
- President: Sharon Jacoby
- Vice President: Brenda Becker
- Treasurer: Robin Allen
- Secretary: Marlene Geary
- Each officer will serve a term of twelve months, beginning 9/30/00.
- Officers to be elected or appointed by general membership consensus during September 2001.
2. General membership meetings
- These meetings can be online
- Suggested meeting locations: Brenda's home, Robin's home Kissimmee Library, the Sitting Shop
- We need to hold a general membership meeting with all prospective members
- Next meeting: October 27, 2000 @ Brenda's house, pot-luck dinner
- As far as Meeting Rules we wanted to have a child understanding:
1) You are responsible for attending to your child
2) If you have a problem/issue/concern with anyone else's child, please bring it to the parent's attention immediately.
- The KOC will send out periodic email reminders about general membership meetings.
- The next KOC Board of Directors meeting will be online sometime during the week before 10/27/00. Time TBA.
3. Review of the Ozark Membership Package recommended methods for running a co-op
- For the most part we will use what Ozark suggests
- We will make
amendments as needed to the Ozark bylaws
- We considered sending out an periodic newsletter on various topics
- We'll prepare a new member packet to hand out to new people interested in joining the co-op
4. Major themes for the KOC
- We buy for our members, not sell to our members
- We wish to operate in the spirit of true cooperation, with all members participating
- We want advice and input from our members
- We want to emphasize all around communication between members of the co-op and the board of directors. Members are strongly encouraged to freely discuss and issues or concerns with any of the co-op directors.
- All members are urged to read the bylaws for the KOC
5. Membership Responsibilities:
- Startup dues of $5; grandfather clause for members of St. Cloud Co-op who participate in the KOC before December 2000.
- A member must contribute to the KOC in some way, which could be:
A physical contribution (assisting with delivery, splits, cleaning, etc.), or
An additional 5% surcharge (if no physical contribution)
- A member must order once a quarter in order to be considered active and in good standing. Only members in good standing will have the privilege of voting on KOC issues.
- A member who does not order for a period of one year will be removed from the member list
6. Relationship of Brenda's Organics to the KOC
- Brenda's Organics, an organic produce co-op operated by Brenda Becker, will continue to remain a separate entity from the KOC.
- The KOC will cultivate a strong business relationship with Brenda's Organics, encouraging our members to utilize both groups to their advantage.
7. Issues of Concern Regarding Members:
- How will we communicate expectations to members?
- Will all members be online? We can't mandate members being online. How do we get the split list out to members not online?
- We want and need advice and input from members; how can we encourage that?
- We need to educate members on the benefits of ordering from Frontier
8. Positions Needed:
- Cashier (collect money, handle extras table sales) (Currently Robin)
- Cleaner on Delivery Day (clean split room floor, break down cases/boxes, cleans up bulk distribution area)
- Delivery Coordinator (Currently Brenda)
- Measurer (weigh out and bag-up bulk splits)
- List/Order Coordinator (Currently Sharon)
- Primary Bookkeeper (Currently Robin)
- Secondary Bookkeeper
- Perhaps we can send each member home with a little card to fill out (as well as email them one) that requests they fill a position, what would it take to get them to a meeting, what they are getting out of the coop/what they would like to get out of their coop.
9. Next Ozark Delivery Date is 10/25